Help, my audio is going bonkers

Tyler Travis 09:31 13 Mar 15

Help please. I just built my new pc, and i use a headset as its a gaming pc. i can listen to music or games and everything just fine. but when i get a call or make a call in skype. or use a voice chat program like teamspeak3, the volume starts to fluxuate all over the place. and i noticed that while in the playback devices window in sound, that the headset is constantly being disconnected (disappearing from the list of available devices) and connecting back again(showing back up on the list). I cant use skype or any voice chat programs and i really need some help pleas

xania 10:54 13 Mar 15

It seems to me that you may have an audio driver problem.

Check that you have the correct audio drivers for your audio card and have installed the correct one for your version of Windows.

There are two things you can try:

1 delete your audio in Device Manager and let Windows attempt a repair 2 uninstall the audio driver, reboot your PC and then re-install the driver

Tyler Travis 02:18 17 Mar 15

How would i delete the audio in the Device Manager, so i make sure i dont mess up. Secondly, I have already downloaded the audio driver and re-installed it.

chub_tor 09:50 17 Mar 15

Do you hae a separate sound card or is it on board? If so what is the model of the motherboard so we can find out who makes the audio chip.

xania 10:47 17 Mar 15

Open Control Panel and select to view small icons, then select Device Manager. Look for your Audio entry - it may well have a yellow exclamation mark against it which shows that it has a problem. You can then attempt to resolve the problem or simply click on the item and the press the delete key on you keyboard.

Tyler Travis 19:56 17 Mar 15

click here onboard sound card.

its

xania 09:28 18 Mar 15

I still think this is a driver problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…