Help I have a Printer Problem.

Veronica5458 00:19 16 Aug 14

When I try to Print, my Laptop says "Only prints apps" Why? I've set up my default printer.... Can anyone help me?

beeuuem 01:56 16 Aug 14

Could you provide a little more information? Which version of Windows and the make and model of the printer. I'd guess the printer is an HP. What is it that you are trying to print?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:25 16 Aug 14

May be something here can help

Veronica5458 05:55 17 Aug 14

Thank you for responding to my request.......

I have windows 8.1 and printer HP Deskjet 2275. I'm trying to print an important Document from Outlook in email.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:31 17 Aug 14

"The Mail App team simply haven't provided a straightforward printing function in the App for printing out an email. For years, we have been able to print out the "current page" or a range of pages in a multi-page document, email, web site or other printable material in the traditional Windows printing subsystem. That ability is also present in the new Windows 8 printing system - but, unlike the Reader App team and the IE11 team for example, the Mail App team has chosen not to use it. That strikes me as being needlessly limiting."

from here

Looks like you will need to save the document as a word, pdf or text doc and open it with the appropriate program and print from there.

I use Live mail in windows 8.1 and can print ok.

1]: [click here

Woolwell 11:06 17 Aug 14

"Print from Outlook" - Which Outlook? Outlook.com or Outlook the email program?

Veronica5458 02:49 18 Aug 14

Outlook Email.........

alanrwood 09:04 18 Aug 14

Outlook is either a program installed on your computer (usually part of the MS Office suite) or is the same name for the MS online web based system. I would guess that it is the latter as you are using Win 8 but just a confirmation would help to prevent going off on an irrelevant track.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…