HELP!

James98 21:10 20 Feb 14
Answered

I need major help! i installed windows 7 after having 8.1, windows .old is created. i usually drag and drop my files from there onto my current os. so my pictures ill put onto my windows 7 pictures. but this time it wont let me see all of my pictures saying i dont have permission but im admin? i really need all my pictures back:( im on windows 7 ultimate. thankyou in advance

lotvic 17:15 21 Feb 14
Answer

You need to 'take ownership' of the folder/files click here

James98 20:09 21 Feb 14

@lotvic some work, some dont- most have a padlock nexts to it. how do i remove that padlock?

lotvic 22:01 21 Feb 14

It's still a permissions/file properties thing. The lock icon means the drive, folder, file etc. is not shared. Try this click here

James98 16:50 26 Feb 14

@lotiv hey sorry for the late reply but it isnt working:(, still got all the issues. most pictures cannot be opened saying i havent got the permissions but other photos im aloud to open? i dont understand :(

James98 16:53 26 Feb 14

@lotvic sorry actually, just done it and most have come back im getting afew 'access denied'

James98 17:00 26 Feb 14

@lotvic right after searching ive managed to get majority back, one or two are showing up saying i dont have permission but i think its all fine now:) thankyou !!

lotvic 11:12 27 Feb 14

Thanks for letting us know, glad it seems to be fixed now :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…