Hdd identification is intermitent

compy 28 Oct 12
Answered

Win 7 pro,3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2600K, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P67A-UD4-B3 , Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) -- drive 1, rev JP4OA3MA, SMART Status: Healthy OCZ-VERTEX4 [Hard drive] (256.06 GB) -- drive 0, SMART Status: Healthy

I installed a ssd with paragon software migration. success. Old hdd has system reserved and a copy of the transfered partion still on it. I decided to make the old (hdd) transferred partition smaller and add a partition, this was stopped when said that I had reached the limit of partitions allowed. I then returned the drive to its original state of 4 partitions, system,h,g,&e. Since then when ever I start the comp, it's searching for the drive "I", which was the temporary drive installed when I tried to add a partition. The widows explorer screen is constantly flicking when it searches, finds , & loses drive "I". I also get multiple auto play screens for Drive "I". So, What's the next course of action? Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Compy.

compy 29 Oct 12
Answer

I have taken the bull, and formatted the drive.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message