Hdd identification is intermitent

compy 14:07 PM 28 Oct 12
Answered

Win 7 pro,3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2600K, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P67A-UD4-B3 , Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) -- drive 1, rev JP4OA3MA, SMART Status: Healthy OCZ-VERTEX4 [Hard drive] (256.06 GB) -- drive 0, SMART Status: Healthy

I installed a ssd with paragon software migration. success. Old hdd has system reserved and a copy of the transfered partion still on it. I decided to make the old (hdd) transferred partition smaller and add a partition, this was stopped when said that I had reached the limit of partitions allowed. I then returned the drive to its original state of 4 partitions, system,h,g,&e. Since then when ever I start the comp, it's searching for the drive "I", which was the temporary drive installed when I tried to add a partition. The widows explorer screen is constantly flicking when it searches, finds , & loses drive "I". I also get multiple auto play screens for Drive "I". So, What's the next course of action? Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Compy.

compy 18:58 PM 29 Oct 12
Answer

I have taken the bull, and formatted the drive.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone