HDD has died. How do I reinstall Win 7

TrevorTtreasure 22:22 PM 23 Oct 13

I have a Toshiba C850 with a completely dead hard drive. I have no Win 7 DVD but I do have the product key. Where do I go from here?

wee eddie 23:51 PM 23 Oct 13

How old is it?

What is it that leads you to believe that it's dead?

lotvic 01:02 AM 24 Oct 13

If your HDD is dead and laptop is out of warranty and you need to reinstall on a new HDD: Go to click here and download the official microsoft W7 Service Pack 1 Media Refresh (SP1 U) .iso file and burn your own DVD to use with your product key. You need to use a burning program that can handle .iso image files, ImgBurn is a good free one click here

Scroll down to the English USA versions, (x86 is for 32bit and x64 is for 64bit)

You will also need your drivers, go to click here and click on 'Services and Support' - Download Drivers link.

lotvic 01:04 AM 24 Oct 13

For some reason my post is jumbled... the sentence "Scroll down to the English USA versions, (x86 is for 32bit and x64 is for 64bit)" refers to my first link and the W7 downloads.

TrevorTtreasure 09:08 AM 28 Oct 13

Thanks for your help guys. I've now got to buy a new HDD and then get on with it - step by step. I am on a new learning curve here.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:48 PM 28 Oct 13

When you have done it make a system backup to a DVD and regularly backup your data it will make things much easier in the future.

Don't know what it is with these Tosh C850s I've done two HDD replacements recently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…