Having to reinstall printer, java & re-share drives after every reboot W8

javakiko 15:57 PM 28 Dec 12
Answered

Hi, I just wondered if any can help, I'm having to re-install Java, my printer & a few small programs, I also have to re-share 2 drives after every re-boot.

I'm using W8 Pro x64, clean install.

rdave13 18:52 PM 28 Dec 12
Answer

Once you reinstall everything again try running the system file checker for error. To open Command Prompt as admin simply move mouse cursor to bottom left corner and right clickon the start icon. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.

Follow Option Two here. You might have to run it a few times.

rdave13 18:57 PM 28 Dec 12

Do not run the REFRESH of Windows 8 if SFC can't fix it as suggested at the bottom of the link. The poorly named Refresh will remove all your installed programs not associated with Windows 8.

javakiko 09:07 AM 30 Dec 12

Thanks for the help, the programs, shares & printer are there after several reboots.

I ran the SFC /SCANNOW using the install disk, did it 3 times, the first time it found & repaired corrupt/damaged files, the subsequent scans returned nothing found.

Thanks again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites