Hard Disk spins continuously

Bad_Boy1022 18:25 09 Feb 09

Hi

Hello need help, this is driving me mad. I have upgraded to vista 64 bits with sp1 installed. Now the hard disk is spinning continuously all day. My Power setting plan is balance. I really need this hdd to start spinning, I work from Home, and HDD switch off in 5 mins, and this is not happening

I do not know how to make the hdd spins less, even in its idle.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

brundle 21:34 09 Feb 09

You mean, chattering, being accessed constantly with the drive light flickering or on all the time? It's most likely the search indexer. You can either leave the machine alone for an hour or two to finish indexing, or disable the search indexer altogether and use something like Locate or Everything to search instead, however I don't know if either are compatible with Vista 64 bit.
Disable indexing; click here

Locate; click here
Everything; click here

Failing that, I still use AgentRansack; click here

Bad_Boy1022 10:19 10 Feb 09

Thanks the tips

I have disable search indexer, and also super fetch too. It lot is being in cahe now.

I will keep you update, thanks a lot, hopes that help the churning

Bad_Boy1022 10:33 10 Feb 09

Brundle

Thanks, the noise has been reduced considerably. I did a google too, apparently, I could disbale the c: drive too.

click here

gazzaho 16:06 14 Feb 09

You might want to try this little gadget and add it to the Sidebar it allows you to stop and start the indexer at your leisure, it also lists the number of items indexed.

gazzaho 16:07 14 Feb 09

Sorry forgot the link click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…