Grey screen of death

jaymus 11 Aug 09

Hi all. Just had a weird and new technical error. Turned on PC, logged in, desktop proggies were loading then screen went grey and Windows beeped once and rebooted. Prior to this, nothing new installed apart from a game or two, no new hardware or drivers or anything.

Is it just a Windows load error? I've had loads of Windows BSODS but never a grey screen of death. Anyone give me a heads up?

sunnystaines 11 Aug 09

is the grey screen blank.........graphics or monitor related check leads, and graphics card has it overheated with dust build up or need reseating in the board.

can you get into the bios.

jaymus 11 Aug 09

Was just a completely blank grey screen. It rebooted to bios then reloaded Windows. No major problems just never had it before.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will check all cables, etc.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message