got rid of vista......bootmgr missing!

mimos 09:30 31 May 07

Hi guys!
I just don't know what to do. I formatted the hard drive of my sony vaio laptop, so I can get rid of vista and install Xp pro instead. Now the only thing that appears is a black screen with a message saying that the bootmanager is missing. I try to boot from the XP installation cd and the vista cd as well restarting the laptop with the discs inside, nothing changes...Any suggestions?
How can I get my lap top to boot??
Thank you.

rawprawn 11:15 31 May 07

Have you set BIOS to boot from CD ? then look here

click here

Ashrich 23:34 31 May 07

What did you format your hard drive with ?

Ashley

sunny staines 08:33 01 Jun 07

might not be the same problem but when i deleted vista beta i was unable to install XP. in the end had to goto the hard drive manufacturer website and low level format the drive before i could reinstall XP, a normal format failed to work.

mimos 00:06 02 Jun 07

The only thing that appears in my laptop is a black screen with a message saying that the bootmanager is missing,how can I set BIOS to boot from CD in my laptop if is not even starting???

rawprawn 07:26 02 Jun 07

Try keep tapping F2 when you put the power on. Are you saying that you have no Vaio splash screen?because you should be tapping F2 immediately after the splash screen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…