Google End User Agreement

sheila.weston 09:48 AM 18 Feb 09

How can I get rid of an annoying small window headed GOOGLE END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT. This appears as soon as the Vista laptop is started up. There is no cross or obvious way to delete it and I am having to drag it down to the bottom of the screen.

It is something to do with downloading Google Earth the other day.

brundle 11:33 AM 18 Feb 09

Using CCleaner's Tools/Startup page, look for "GoogleEULALauncher.exe" and disable it. Reboot.

sheila.weston 14:12 PM 18 Feb 09

Many thanks, brundle - it worked.

The only way to get out of the ccleaner's window was to click on the cross. There didn't appear to be an exit button. Or have I missed something?

Looking at the other startup items,there are a lot which I am sure that I do not use on this new laptop. Am I right in thinking that i could experiment on disabling some (say one at a time)on a tryout basis - or could this be dangerous?

Sheila

brundle 14:23 PM 18 Feb 09

Well,I meant reboot the entire PC to see if the problem was solved. Quit CCleaner in the usual way.

If you're sure about the entries in the startup list that you don't use, then you can disable them (rather than deleting them) and enable them again if unforeseen problems occur.

sheila.weston 10:17 AM 02 Mar 09

Many thanks for this, Brundle. I'll mark it resolved - apologies for delay in acknowedgement.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay