google earth not responding

conrail 16:09 PM 11 Dec 12

having recently had to format my hd and reinstall windows 7 64 bit sp1 I have downloaded google earth, the problem is that when I open google earth I get as far as 'loading my places, kml, including enabled overlay' after about one minute of nothing happening google earth gives the 'not responding message' I did not have any problems with a previous installation, I have a son in America who travels all over the country in his job and I used to view the locations he visited, it would be nice to do it again. please help and advise me, all help and advice appreciated.

Nontek 16:55 PM 11 Dec 12

Could have been a dodgy download, I would download and install again without removing original installation.

If that does not work, do same again but this time fully uninstall old installation.

conrail 17:12 PM 11 Dec 12

thanks Nontek but non of that worked, what I have found is http://www.oldapps.com/google_earth.php this is links to previous versions and version 6.2 from 26 Jan 2012 has worked, unfortunately it tells e it cannot connect to the server to update

conrail 20:30 PM 11 Dec 12

thanks dr yes, I have followed each step, I have the latest drivers, tried to open the program in Direct X mode but got same error message; tried to run in OpenGL mode but it tells me that my Nvidia display driver files from incompatible (different) versions of the driver have been detected. I have updated my drivers without success, maybe I should forget google earth, is there an alternative program?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…