good vista book

sunny staines 16:41 22 Mar 07

found in my local library "windows vista inside out" by ed bott, microsoft press. An excellent book still reading it. I recommend it to other members.

anskyber 16:43 22 Mar 07

I have it, it's excellent and an easy read.

Totally-braindead 20:22 22 Mar 07

Vista for dummies in my local library.

I do find the dummies and idiot guides to be excellent but in most cases after you're run through them a couple of times they are fairly useless if you know what I mean. They are good when first learning but not really much use as a reference guide is what I'm trying to get at. But you can get them out of your library, work on it for a few weeks and then return it.

ventanas 21:23 22 Mar 07

Vista Inside Out is on my bookshelf alongside XP Inside Out and Windows Server 2003 Inside Out.

Excellent series of books, I couldn't agree more.

setecio 21:54 01 May 07

Vista for Dummies
Vista Inside out

Would those be the 2 best books for an average home user to buy ?

Any other recommendations?

anskyber 22:16 01 May 07

Dummies is good and "everyday". Inside Out is an easy read but more of a reference book.

sunny staines 16:26 02 May 07

goto your library and take out a selection of books on vista. I found "vista insideout" an excellent read, the dummy series are not my cup of tea but popular with a lot of people.

concise 16:05 03 May 07

Any votes for "Brilliant Microsoft Windows Vista" by Steve Johnson? It certanly looks pretty.

sunny staines 16:38 03 May 07

concise..... not seen this one, i'll pop down to the library if they do not have it i'll ask them to order it in from another branch. I could have done with all these books when i ran the beta but got fed up with dual booting and dvd vista problems and deleted vista in january.

skidzy 20:04 03 May 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…