Golf Simulation PC game for Windows 8

Guardsman2 15:48 PM 21 Mar 13

For many years I have enjoyed playing Microsoft Links LS2000. Have loaded it successfully on ME, XP and lastly on Vista. Sadly I cannot get it to run on my new Windows 8...it loads OK but when I click on the shortcut start, the screen blacks out and freezes.

Is there any way I can get it to run on my system or can anyone recommend a good golf sim...Tigers Woods, LS2000 type that I can load and run. Incidentally...I am in the lower 80's...fairly OK with my PC but please, no deep technical help, virtual systems etc. If anyone can help, I will be extremely grateful.

aristorias 10:16 AM 22 Mar 13

Although I have not yet played this myself, you could try Par 72 golf available in the windows 8 store for £3.49. At this price it seems to be worth a try. Graphics are simplified compared to Links but the essentials are there.

Guardsman2 13:26 PM 22 Mar 13

Thanks Aristorias...have tried it, there is a cut down free version too, but it is very simplistic and very 'gamey'...almost in the 'Mario' style. I am looking for a real Golf Sim. and do not mind paying the price for such. Appreciate the response...all the best...Guardsman2

rdave13 16:46 PM 22 Mar 13

How about an online game? Found thisbut haven't played it.

This link you can click on lessons to see video tutorials just to see if it's good enough.

mart7 18:41 PM 22 Mar 13

If thats no good i would suggest you try the latest Tiger Woods golf game Tiger woods pga golf 2007,thats the last proper version ea sports did for the pc It works on windows 7 64bit and you will probably find it to buy somewhere for £5,might be worth a go?

Guardsman2 14:59 PM 04 Apr 13

Hi rdave13 Thanks for reply but not into online gaming...have cracked it...see reply to mart7. All the best...Guardsman2

Guardsman2 15:01 PM 04 Apr 13

Hi mart7

Brilliant...bought a copy off eBay for just a few £'s...all loaded and running perfectly...now all I have to do is to learn how to play the game. Many thanks and all the best...Guardsman2

mart7 15:11 PM 04 Apr 13

enjoy

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED