Gigabyte GA 8 PE800 rev1.1 P4 Titan

450223 09:20 AM 28 Jun 12

I have the above motherboard, which chipset should I be intalling please, INF chipset or Chipset Intel IAA? Many thanks,

chub_tor 10:02 AM 28 Jun 12

Your board seems to be too old to show up on the Gigabyte website support page but this link Click Here suggests that it is the Intel IAA you should be looking for.

KRONOS the First 15:22 PM 28 Jun 12

Is this your mobo/ Gigabyte.

chub_tor 18:49 PM 28 Jun 12

Well found Chronus, I searched and searched for that without success.

KRONOS the First 18:59 PM 28 Jun 12

I must admit it was not difficult. lmgtfy.

chub_tor 21:39 PM 28 Jun 12

Chronus that's interesting, when I Googled it all I got was boards for sale on ebay so I went direct to the Gigabyte website and searched there - it wasn't found and did not show up under legacy support. Must try harder next time - but we still haven't directly answered the OP's quextion have we?

KRONOS the First 08:02 AM 29 Jun 12

I thought you had,it is indeed intel.

450223 08:56 AM 29 Jun 12

Many thanks Chronus and Chu_tor I have read your various communications. Chronus you say "I thought you had,it is indeed intel." Both the IAA and the INF say they are Intel within the file name.... So which one?

chub_tor 09:30 AM 29 Jun 12

Click Here it seems that installing both is advisable, I must admit I had never heard of IAA which is the Intel Applications Accelerator.

KRONOS the First 09:37 AM 29 Jun 12

My apologies I did not research as far as I should have. May I ask the reason for posting this thread as it is an interesting question and a little background would be useful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know