Getting Word To Work In Win7

jimforrest 16:42 19 Feb 15
Answered

After my comp crashed I need to put MS Office back on it. I had previously used Office 2003 (I think) but I can't find the CD now. I do have Office 97 with an Office 2000 upgrade CD - but Win7 won't even look at it!

Have I got to fork out yet again for another Office CD or is there some way my earlier version can be run in Win7?

rdave13 17:25 19 Feb 15

Not ideal perhaps but you might be able to run it from the CD? enter link description here

chub_tor 17:26 19 Feb 15

If it is Officed 2003 Standard Edition and you have the valid product key then you should look at this post where you can download it.

jimforrest 14:09 27 Feb 15
Answer

Update - Office 2000 doesn't run on Win7 64 bit. So I bought a CD of Office 2003 off the 'net and that works just fine. Because the software is old now, it was very cheap!

I prefer the older version because I don't need 1.4 million templates, animated cursers, flashing borders, and all the other crap Microsoft have added to make it look different!

robin_x 14:28 27 Feb 15

You can get Office 2000 working (Outlook is pretty trashed though).

Switch to Mozilla Thunderbird perhaps for e-mail.

However the various fixes are hit and miss and take a fair bit of Googling and going round in circles.

Other (free) packages are available that work with W7.

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…