Games won't run on Vista

BLASTIE 22:45 09 Apr 08

I've just bought a new Dell Inspiron 530S and installed Flight Simulator X, Rail Simulator and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06. They all installed OK but won't run. I keep getting an error message '(program)has stopped working'. Any ideas what causes this and how to overcome it?

Totally-braindead 23:23 09 Apr 08

Check the Microsoft website for patches. And also check your PC more than meets the minimum requirements.
If its the cheapest 530S with onboard graphics then that is probably the source of your problems as onboard graphics are useless for most games.

sounds like a priviledge thing, did you install with uac off? that would do it, unless you were on the unlocked admin log in.
right click the main exe file select properies, compatiblity and click run as admin.

oh and check security, advanced and ownership. i used to have this with some games, lotro and a couple of others.

Pine Man 08:53 10 Apr 08

I am sorry but I don't know the answer to your query but to help rule out one thing it's almost certainly nothing to do with Vista.

I have all three programs as have friends of mine and they have all run perfectly since day one of Vista for me, which was over a year ago now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…