Games are crashing computer to restart

raiton12 03:28 15 Nov 14

Hello. I have been having an issue in a few of the games I play, the issue is while i'm playing the game it will randomly go black, and my computer will restart. This happens when I play games such as insurgency, space engineers, and minimum. My pc specs are as follows with links to where I purchased them:

Case: ENERMAX HOPLITE Mid-Tower ATX Case click here

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970 Quad-Core @ 3.5GhZ stock click here Fan: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 click here Asrock 970 Extreme3 click here

Memory/RAM: G.SKiLL Sniper 8GB (2x4gb) DDR3-1333 click here Supply: Raidmax Hybrid 2 530W click here Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 click here Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500G 7200RPM click here

CPU MoBo: Power Graphics Hard

raiton12 03:29 15 Nov 14

Wow, the section with the links came out pretty smashed together, sorry about that.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:41 15 Nov 14

First thought is give it a good clean out, scrape the cpu and graphics fans, make sure there is no dust between fans and heatsinks.

raiton12 21:48 15 Nov 14

i've cleaned it about 2 weeks ago and the problem persists

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:50 16 Nov 14

did you clean between fans and heat sinks as its easy to miss the fluff that gets in there you will need to lift the fan off the heat sink.

After that if its only happing while gaming then likely to be graphics card problem

if happens at other time could also be PSU.

raiton12 03:54 18 Nov 14

it's only when i'm gaming. I have the most recent version of it's driver, but the catalyst control center is a version behind. Does that matter?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac