free Fix-It Utilities 7 Expressree

sunny staines 12:35 07 Jul 08

has anyone tried this programme on vista a review on front page of pca web.

free download from

click here

sunny staines 12:37 07 Jul 08

click here

better link

sunny staines 17:11 09 Jul 08

looks like no one downloaded this free one. I presume it cannot be worth installing so will leave it alone, having had my pc burnt in the past by trying unknown utilities.

crosstrainer 17:56 09 Jul 08

Never tried it, but suspect you are right to be wary. I never use this kind of thing.

mfletch 18:05 09 Jul 08

I have tried it on XP and it,s crap the first time I needed to do a restore? it would not work

{In the bin it went}

mfletch

sunny staines 18:48 09 Jul 08

thanks for confirmation will delete my download [had not installed]not sure why PCA is pushing it i would have thought they would have tested it out first.

HV 18:10 14 Jul 08

Thanks for the info....Will leave well alone.
PC Advisor ought to check these applications before circulation.

Best Wishes

John

RickyC :-) 23:47 14 Jul 08

Hi All

PC Advisor hasn't built its reputation by writing features about software without being confident that the applications are useful, effective and reliable.

Rest assured that Fix-It Utilities Express 7 was tested thoroughly prior to that feature being written. It was also tested before I made the decision to covermount the application. It's been tested on three separate systems, and came through with flying colours on each. PC Advisor isn't the only respected technology media outlet to sing the praises of this application.

"Fix-It Utilities 7 Express is absolutely crammed with PC maintenance functionality, and includes many features that are a step above the equivalents in similar packages." - 5 stars, VNUnet.com (publishers of Computeractive).

Sunny Staines and HV - have you installed the software? I find it interesting that you have both stated that "PC Advisor ought to check these applications before circulation".

One user (mfletch) encountered a problem upon attempting to restore his system, on another thread kdt's system produced a Microsoft "notice". Hardly sufficient to assume that PC Advisor has suddenly stopped testing software, is it?

I wouldn't normally respond to scare-mongering threads such as this one, but felt it necessary on this occasion.

regards

Richard
Software Editor

sunny staines 09:37 15 Jul 08

thanks for the feedback from PCA.

SimonBarnes 17:34 27 Jul 08

I read this thread and decided to install Fix-it utilities - what a mistake.
This software deleted entries from programs/features list and corrupted my Office 2007 install which I have had to reinstall. It also would not uninstall, I had to carry out a manual un-install.
I can safely say that this must be the WORST piece of software I have EVER installed and recommend people avoid it like the plague.
I am also very surprised to see PC Advisor defending this garbage, the only reason that convinced me it was safe to install.

Simon

Condom 16:18 10 Aug 08

Well I have installed this on my XP machine and it has been wonderful. Every part of its utilities worked great except Startup Commander which has a little glitch which doesn't realy spoil what it does. I had a registration problem at the beginning as I was told that my number was in use by someone else and the software stopped working. I contacted Fix it who sent me a new registration number within minutes. Office 2007 works just fine and my PC is 100% except for Windows automatic updating which I think is a problem from another place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…