Formatting the Hard Drive in windows 7

Thereferee21 19:10 PM 01 Feb 13
Answered

How can I format the hard drive on my laptop without having a recovery disc?

alanrwood 19:42 PM 01 Feb 13

You need to explain exactly what you are trying to achieve and what the problem actually is.

Thereferee21 19:52 PM 01 Feb 13

I am having a problem with Babylon and I am also being told that Windows 7 is counterfeit so feel Formatting the hard drive will solve the problem

alanrwood 20:44 PM 01 Feb 13
Answer

Formatting the drive will completely delete everything on and it will not be recoverable. After a reformat you will have to reinstall Windows and all your programs. Do you have the original Windows and other program disks with which to perform the re-install.

How did your laptop come when new. Were the disks included?

As it is a laptop your hard drive may already have a Recovery Partition which is accessed during the boot by pressing one of the Function keys, usually F11 or F12. If you have this then it will restore your laptop to its original new pristine condition. Suggest you look in your laptops instruction manual which may be on the laptop as a pdf document or on a disk supplied with it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED