Forgot my windows vista home premium password

SheminMehta 05:53 08 Oct 14

Recently pulled out an old HCL ultra portable notebook. it runs on windows vista home premium. Can't remember the password. Tried using several password recovery tools (windows password recovery tool ultimate, doassoft windows password rescuer personal, vodusoft windows password reset standard) but keep getting 'NTDETECT failed' error. Is there anything I can do? Doubt if I can find the windows CD so will end up having to pay for windows all over again if I can't recover/reset the password...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:26 08 Oct 14

Trinity rescue kit

see here

Barron344 04:35 15 Oct 14

You mean you want to reset Windows login password? Do you have a password reset disk? Just insert it and follow the instruction, if you have no disk, you can use ophcrack or Windows Password Recovery Tool

Here are the pros and cons for this two programs

Ophcrack

pro: freeware and can crack all Windows OS login password

con: the way is cracking your computer, it may delete important data in your computer

Windows Password Recovery Tool

pro: This program can recover password instead of cracking, it can keep the data safe

con:This program offers free trial, but if you want to reset password, you need full version by buying it. (Tips: This program will offer some free licences by Giveaway)

Two programs you can find on Google

Devil Fish 21:19 07 Nov 14

My weapon of choice and its free

download on another machine burn to disk then boot from it it recovers passwords not crack them so data will be safe

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…