Font size on web pages

rawprawn 17:42 18 Apr 07

My font size varies on different web pages which it didn't do on XP. I seem to have tried all the options to get them to open the same size but without success. Any help appreciated. I know that I can change the size by ctrl + or -, but i want Vista to do it automatically.

anskyber 17:54 18 Apr 07

Could you gives some examples? I have found that text size does vary from site to site depending on the way the site has been configured.

Are you on IE7? If so the advanced options do include under accessibility auto text sizing.

rawprawn 18:42 18 Apr 07

Hi anskyber, no I am using Vista. If for example I set text size to Medium, it is OK on my home page (BBC News) but far to big when I open PCA or BBC weather. I can't find anything like Auto Text size.

rawprawn 18:42 18 Apr 07

Hi anskyber, no I am using Vista. If for example I set text size to Medium, it is OK on my home page (BBC News) but far to big when I open PCA or BBC weather. I can't find anything like Auto Text size.

rawprawn 18:45 18 Apr 07

I might also mention that certain programs which were fine on XP now open in large text. For example Spybot SD. I put this down to a certain incompatibility with Vista, maybe thats not the whole story!

anskyber 19:02 18 Apr 07

Hi again. I think I'm a little confused. When you say you are using Vista, which browser are you using, IE7 which comes with Vista or say Firefox?

anskyber 19:05 18 Apr 07

PS Spybot opens fine for me with Vista.

rawprawn 19:09 18 Apr 07

Sorry IE 7, Firefox seems OK.

anskyber 19:16 18 Apr 07

Can you tell me, in the status bar at the bottom is the zoom level set to 100% on all your sites?

anskyber 19:20 18 Apr 07

If not then go to tools, internet options, advanced tab and under accessibility makes sure that "reset zoom level for new windows and tabs" is checked. Click apply and OK then restart IE7.

rawprawn 19:26 18 Apr 07

Yes it is set as you say, but 100% is too big on the PCA Site so I have to reduce it to 90% each time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…