Folders opening in new window

Number six 01 Nov 09

even though I have "open in same window" option selected in Folder Options. Right-clicking, then clicking "open", however, will cause it to open in same window. From a bit of internet trawling, I have seen several references to the same problem, even in Vista. Possibly a bug in IE8, or certain Windows updates could cause the problem. Could a few kind members check their machines and see if they are experiencing this behaviour? I have tried a few of the suggested fixes, none of which worked.

User-1229748 01 Nov 09

no problems here on windows 7 home premium

Number six 02 Nov 09

At least, one that worked for me. In case anyone else experiences this problem, you need to register a couple of possibly missing or corrupted dll's. Run the following two commands at an elevated command prompt:

regsvr32 "%SystemRoot%\System32\actxprxy.dll"
regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"

This also fixes an issue with new tabs not opening correctly in IE8. Ticking resolved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message