fn+f5 won't switch dispaly from pc to tv

jakel60 19:26 18 Jan 14

Just put in a new hard drive, and windows 8.1 OS. In win 7 the fn+f5 worked in conjunction with each other to switch from the pc screen to the tv. Now that I've put win 8.1 in, it doesn't work anymore. I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A215-S7447 (psafgu-017002). It originally came with win vista. Apparently win 8.1 doesn't have flash cards. So if someone can please help with this problem I would be so thankful, as I have been working on it for 4 days now and am getting nowhere fast. Thanks Jack

jakel60 11:47 20 Jan 14

Thanks Jock1e, but I finally found the answer. It was the ATI display driver for windows vista. My Toshiba Satellite was originally win vista, which I upgraded to win7 and then when my hard drive failed, I replaced it and then put in win 8.1. and so I thought I had to put a win 8.1 driver for but apparently not. Works like a charm now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…