Flickering Screen at Start Up

bigdp 15:01 18 Dec 14

I wonder if anyone could help me with this problem. My laptop Dell Inspiron M5010 wont start up properly. I can see the screen when i switch it on but the text is really hard to read and it is flickering. This also happens when i go into the bios settings. i plugged it into an external monitor but it was also the same problem. Is there any advice from anyone about fixing this problem? I can upload pictures of what the screen looks like at start up if that helps. Thanks very much

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:01 18 Dec 14

This also happens when i go into the bios settings. i plugged it into an external monitor but it was also the same problem.

That does not bode well for the state of the graphics chip, is it still in warrenty?

bigdp 14:56 20 Dec 14

It's not under warranty. Sometimes when it starts I can barely read what's on screen because it's really blurry. I can then move the mouse over the blurry screen and it clears them like I was using an eraser. After this the screen is perfect. I run a built-in test on the laptop and everything passed except one. It says Error code : 0413. Msg: Error code: 2000-0413. Msg: Error code : Cables- LCD cable not detected.

Thanks for your help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:51 20 Dec 14

Err 0413 seems to point to the screen LCD cable being loose or damaged may be worth replacing.

click here this video shows how to reflow the gpu heatsink for a blurry scree see if it matches what you have.

HackedIT 58 12:50 05 Jan 15

I don't know much about this topic but you could try replacing your graphics card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…