Flash problem Windows 8 HP Laptop

The Teacher 15:04 26 Dec 14

We have just our 3 kids HP Laptops for Christmas, the lads ones are working fine with no problems at all, however my daughters laptop, same spec etc., as the lads seems to have a problem with Adobe Flash player.

When I try to download it the installation either gets to 33% or 44% then says "connection lost" even though the internet is still connected and showing as connected. On the Adobe page there is some help available, saying that if you can see the animation then flash is installed, seen the animation indicating flash is installed, but then when on other web pages that require flash, e.g. game sites, it states that flash is NOT installed. According to Adobe flash comes bundled with Windows 8 but it is not showing in the Add/Remove programmes, nor is it showing as an add on in the browser, Waterfox (64 bit Firefox). I have looked through the add ons in the browser but cannot find one for Flash.

Can anyone help with this please, how do I get flash onto my daughters laptop?

Many thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 26 Dec 14

As you have only had it one day O would be tempted to do a factory reset (nothing much installed yet to lose) and retry.

The Teacher 23:03 28 Dec 14

Thanks peeps, only just seen these, not had any e-mail saying there were replies!

Will give things a try tomorrow and see what is what.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…