Fix corrupted profile "without reboot"

cemopolat 09:21 24 Mar 14

Hi,

Some of my remote desktop users' profiles get corrupted randomly. I found the solution to change profile list and state from regedit.

ie rename xxxxx.bak to xxxxx and change state to 0 Then after rebooting everything is back. (as in click here my question is how to do that without rebooting ??

Any help will be appreciated..

Cemo

But

BRYNIT 10:18 24 Mar 14

I don't think you can. As far as I know any alteration to the registry will not take effect until the computer has rebooted.

Instead of altering the registry I would be trying to find out what could be causing this problem.

You could check for corrupt files from cmd prompt with sfc /scannow and you could scan the HD for bad sector.

cemopolat 10:29 25 Mar 14

Brynit, thanks for your answer. You are absolutely right about finding the real reason, but unfortunately I couldn't. Actually there has been no real damage to user profile or user files anyway, for some reason, windows thinks it is damaged bu it is not.

I don't think whole registry is being read only once at startup. There should be a way to refresh / reload the related somehow. I tried to restart almost all services but it didn't help either.

You may be wondering why I don't want to reboot; because usually there are 10s of users logged on and I don't want to force them to log off (save their documents etc).

BR Cemo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…