finalize to disc

Keith Farman 08:13 30 Jun 14

I downloaded a dvd burning programe EXPRESS BURN it took over 2 hrs to burn it will play on my pc but will not go on my other dvd players, there was nothing to say finalize the disc am i doing something wrong ? as i say it wrote to disc . thank you

alanrwood 08:39 30 Jun 14

EXPRESS BURN, it doesn't sound to have been well named. Try using CDBurnerXP. It's free and is much faster than what you have quoted. Despite the name it is Win 7 compatible and does cope with DVDs.

Why not try finalising the disk. Any burned disk will only play in the original device unless it is finalised. Maybe there is a separate "Finalise" function in the menu.

It is also not uncommon for disks burned on a computer not to play in DVD Players. What did you actually burn. Did you just burn an avi or mp4 9or similar) to the disk. In which case your DVD player is possibly not capable of playing computer formats (It costs the manufacturer a royalty fee for each format it can play). Did you burn it as a movie DVD?

mart7 10:12 30 Jun 14

This is a continuation of your other thread,as explained if you don't convert the mp4 file then burn it to dvd its highly unlikely it will play in your dvd player

click here

Keith Farman 12:09 30 Jun 14

IT say on them BLUERAY * 264 YIFY

alanrwood 12:34 30 Jun 14

Tilly33

Please make up your mind. Is it a DVD or a Blueray.

Please also stick to one thread. I*t is very frustrating to answer on one thread and then find it has already been answered on another started by the same person.

Please post all the details on the other thread which has more responses.

Keith Farman 15:28 30 Jun 14

i am telling you what it say on my file , i do not understand all this pc jargon just have a bit of patience with us old ones

mart7 16:25 30 Jun 14

Your other file was an mp4 this one is a h264 bluray file,same advice applies the file needs converting to .vob or your dvd player cannot read it

Download "freemake" converter it will convert n burn the disc to play in your dvd player

mart7 16:29 30 Jun 14

Freemake here

click here

Keith Farman 18:39 30 Jun 14

Thank you , but will it finalize it so i can play it ?

mart7 18:52 30 Jun 14

Yes if you burn as dvd the disc is closed "finalised"

lotvic 19:14 30 Jun 14

As Far as I know Freemake automatically finalizes the DVD. Freemake youtube howto tutorial ClickHere YouTube

using the freemake program that mart7 mentions, here are the instructions ClickHere

1.Install and run free Freemake Video Converter: Add MP4 videos you want to convert to DVD using "+Video" button.

2.Choose "to DVD": Click "to DVD" button and choose your DVD drive. Use the default settings or set manually the necessary aspect ratio, title, menu type and video system.

3.Convert MP4 to DVD: Insert a blank DVD disc and click "Convert" to start converting to DVD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…