fies and transer wizard

keith-236785 08:17 08 Apr 07

before upgrading to Vista from XP, i ran the files and transfer wizard in XP, great i thought, lets now remove the old IDE drive with XP and start from scatch with VISTA on my new sata drve, all went smoothly and vista is up and running fine, internet is working, e-mails fine though im a bit gutted that i lost the ability to check my hotmail account through outlook express (windows mail)

now comes the problem, run the transfer wiard in vista and it wont access the saved files from XP, it wants me to run the vista file transfer wizard on the XP computer so it can gather the files, how the hell are you supposed to know this, and what can i now do to recover the 100+ e-mails i need that i thought were safely transferable???

they are not lost as i can put the old hard drive back in and run the wizard as required but i wonder if there is an easier way around this?

any ideas anyone?

Thanks
paperman27

Fingees 09:31 08 Apr 07

It does tell you in the instructions.

The other way to do it is to use the program to put the transfer to cd or dvd and use that.
I was lucky, I built a new computer, and was able to link old to new,with no problem.

All the best

keith-236785 17:15 08 Apr 07

thanks, but it just asks if i created the backup using vista's prog, if you click no, it exits the prog, if you click yes and try to access the files they dont show up so you are stuck either way,

i will check out the instructions again but all i remember is it saying "use the vista file & transfer wizard on your old pc, well this is my old pc with a version of vista home premium OEM,

thanks
paperman27

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…