A few things to avoid

anskyber 17:52 PM 15 Jan 09

OK, I followed the helpful guide from life hacker which is linked in other threads and part of the useful dual booting item on PCA click here and I am posting here from W7

A couple of things to look out for. Obviously the boot order need to have the CD/DVD drive listed before your hard drive or in my case my RAID array. I had to change it.

The reboots during install did not all go automatically, I had to select W7 from the two choices on the boot screen (I dual boot with Vista Home) so you may need to pay attention.

Do not do, as I did, which was to press any key on the first reboot which allowed it to boot from the DVD drive, all that did was start the whole install again, not terminal but frustrating and I now have Windows Old file to delete which were installed at my first attempt.

Zeppelyn 03:29 AM 16 Jan 09

An easy way to avoid that scenario is to start the install from within the existing Windows installation and disable DVD boot, thats how I installed it.

rossgolf 23:45 PM 16 Jan 09

i installed using daemon and then when it restarted my computer it automatically went into W7

XP + W7

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things