Factory Image getting bigger

bruno 10:35 AM 14 Sep 11

I have an HP P6206UK computer running Windows 7.When I went to My Computer this morning the usage bar on Factory Image had turned red,which I take to mean it is almost full. The usable size is 13.7gb and I have 1.11gb free.The folder is only listed in properties as 282mb. When I try to open the file it tells me only that it is only to be used for factory reset. What I don't understand is why it is getting bigger and why it is suddenly happening.I have had it for more than a year without any previous bother.

john bunyan 15:29 PM 14 Sep 11

I believe this is located on the recovery partition. Sounds as if something else is finding it's way there. I do not know HP but can you look via Windows Explorer at your D(?) drive and files? You could see file and folder sizes with Treesize, a free programme:

http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

You may have to allow "Show hidden files" in D drive.

bruno 08:05 AM 15 Sep 11

I have tried all the normal ways to look at the files but all I get is a warning that it is the recovery system. I think I will just enlarge the partition as I have tons of spare space.Thanks for the advice. I will follow up your suggestion.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…