Factory Image getting bigger

bruno 10:35 AM 14 Sep 11

I have an HP P6206UK computer running Windows 7.When I went to My Computer this morning the usage bar on Factory Image had turned red,which I take to mean it is almost full. The usable size is 13.7gb and I have 1.11gb free.The folder is only listed in properties as 282mb. When I try to open the file it tells me only that it is only to be used for factory reset. What I don't understand is why it is getting bigger and why it is suddenly happening.I have had it for more than a year without any previous bother.

john bunyan 15:29 PM 14 Sep 11

I believe this is located on the recovery partition. Sounds as if something else is finding it's way there. I do not know HP but can you look via Windows Explorer at your D(?) drive and files? You could see file and folder sizes with Treesize, a free programme:

You may have to allow "Show hidden files" in D drive.

bruno 08:05 AM 15 Sep 11

I have tried all the normal ways to look at the files but all I get is a warning that it is the recovery system. I think I will just enlarge the partition as I have tons of spare space.Thanks for the advice. I will follow up your suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know