external hard drive not recognised in windows explorer

pjal76 04 Jul 11

I have an external Samsung 640Gb hard drive which is not showing up in Windows Explorer, even though Device Manager shows it as recognized and working properly. I am running Windows7 Home and this is something new as when I bought the drive it showed up in Explorer. Could anyon e help - I really need this drive as all my backups and programs are on it! TIA Pierre

beynac 04 Jul 11

Click the Start button. Right-click on 'computer'. Select 'Manage'. Click 'Storage/Disk Management'. Right-click on the drive and select @Change Drive Letter and Paths..'. Select 'Add', accept the suggested drive letter and click OK. The drive should now be recognised.

pjal76 05 Jul 11

Thanks Beynac! Your solution was spot on! Very Grateful. Pierre

beynac 05 Jul 11

You're welcome. :)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message