Explorer alternative

ventanas 08:48 25 Apr 08

If anyone wants a more familiar alternative to the sometime confusing Windows offering.
click here
Great value at under a tenner, and does so much more.
I've been using this since Win95 and have ben waiting for a Vista version.
I first got it as a freebie on a PCA cover disc in 1997.

Peter 14:09 25 Apr 08

Thanks for the link ventanas. I've used PowerDesk 5 free edition for sometime now and it seems very good. I will try the trial version from your link. I notice also that your link provides it at half price as an upgrade. Is it required that you have an old version on your machine before you can load the new one from your link please?

Peter.

ventanas 15:27 25 Apr 08

No you do not need to have a previous version installed, which is perhaps just as well with this type of program.

Peter 21:53 25 Apr 08

I've installed the trial version and I am trying it out. Seem good so far, just a bit of a learning curve. I see that you can sync folders and compare folders, but do you know if you can compare two files without having to resort to using FC at the DOS prompt?

Peter.

Peter 13:52 05 May 08

I have paid for and downloaded the full version of PowerDesk Pro 7 using the link you provided. Suprisingly the full version is a much bigger download than the trial, but I haven't yet noticed any extra features.

If you go to click here you will find that you can download Fix-It Utilities Express Ver. 7 for free. The Serial number: 71AA-0311-BZW2-63XU-D4FW-G55Z is provided and the programme works properly, but when you use the Easy Update you are told the serial number has already been used. After that the programme still works okay.

Peter.

rawprawn 16:02 05 May 08

What is Fix It Utilities and what is the connection with Power Desk Pro 7

Peter 21:58 05 May 08

Fix-It Utilities is a package of software tools to help prevent computer problems and to help clear them up. It also has system tune up tools. It provides a defrag tool, SmartDisk Checker, Registry tools, Disk & Registry Cleaners, etc.

The connection between Fix-It Utilities & PowerDesk Pro 7 is that they both come from Avanquest.

Hope this helps, Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac