Excellent Vista System Restore tip

skidzy 21:25 11 Jun 07

Have you checked your System Restore allocation in Vista,i did .........it was set to 34GB,now halved to free up some space.

Useful link to:

Decrease Storage Space Allocated To System Restore click here

skidzy 21:34 11 Jun 07

Just a word of caution to add to the above.

Carrying out this procedure will lose you all current Restore points,so therefore if following the above make sure you create a new restore point

J B 09:34 12 Jun 07

Good Morning to you I put in a thread about this very subject a few weeks ago but had no takers click here Hope you have better luck than I did. J.B.

skidzy 14:02 12 Jun 07

Hi JB

sorry must have missed your thread,though a refresh of the tip wont hurt i suppose.

I must admit though,since changing the allocation,my Windows mail that was playing up is now like lightening..very quick.

Though this has produced a few Dos like screens now upon boot up that adds a few seconds to the boot time showing the system specs and the bios.Will leave it alone for a few days to see if any problems arise.

All in all the system is quicker than it was now,and it was quick in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…