Everything is too small - apps and Desktop icons

CLONNEN 11:15 21 Mar 07

I have Vista set to 800x600 screen resolution in the Display options but still everyhting is too small on my screen.

The Desktop icons are miniscule (I am using Windows Classic style).

All my applications only occupy the middle part of the screen - doesn't stretch to fill the screen. Their on full maximise and won't stretch further manually with the mouse.

Because everything is so small I am having trouble reading the text in apps like Internet Explorer and Word Processor programs - the text is so tiny I almost need a magnifying glass to read it.

Is there another setting besides the resolution that I should change somewhere?

BurrWalnut 14:06 21 Mar 07

To enlarge the Desktop icons, press and hold down the Ctrl key then scroll the mouse wheel.

anskyber 16:16 21 Mar 07

Have you got the latest drivers for your graphics card?

CLONNEN 15:20 22 Mar 07

I have tried the drivers from the ATI website (back when I first installed Vista) but they totally messed up Vista's ShutDown process and I had to reinstall Vista again.

I am currently using the ATI drivers supplied with the Vista installation DVD.

I have heard a rumour that right-clicking the Desktop and selecting View - Classic Icons might fix things. I'll try it when I get home.

CLONNEN 07:49 23 Mar 07

It's fixed.

I have Classic Icons switched on, changed resolution back to highest setting and then tried 800x600 again - and everything is now a normal size.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple