Event ID 41 Source Kernel-Power Error

TonyLeTourneur 12:29 25 Feb 10

I am getting random re-boots which reveal the above entry in Event Viewer.

The system is:
AMD Phenom II X4 955
Asus M4A785TD-EVO with latest BIOS update
4gb of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 ram
750gb WD HD
ATi Raedon HD4770 graphics

Windows 7 Home Premium with all updates installed.

A trawl through the Internet shows lots of people with the problem - but no solutions.

Do I have to downgrade to XP?

Pine Man 13:26 25 Feb 10

I have had a look at a lot of the searches and the only common factors that appear to have worked for some people are hibernation and the side bar.

Have you tried turning off hibernation at Control Panel/Power Options? To hell with the environment!

Also have you tried turning off the side bar?

TonyLeTourneur 11:26 26 Feb 10

Hi, Thanks for the suggestions. I had already picked these up and tried them but the problen still persists.
I suspect that the message shown in the Event Viewer relates to the effect rather than the cause but nothing in the message gives a clue as to the cause.
The difficulty is that the shut-down is random. I can't identify a particular action of program which generates the fault.

Tony

Pine Man 13:35 26 Feb 10

I read one search result where someone had changed all of their hardware without curing the problem but changing the case did!

Sorry I can't help further - good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…