Ethernet and Wireless connection limited

geoffreymk 07:34 02 Sep 13
Answered

Hi I have a windows 8 laptop a Dell Latitude E5530 which was working fine til few days ago when it did some updates.

When I restated my laptop it was not longer connecting to the internet. either via ethernet cable or wireless, everytime i get the limited but no connection to the internet or office network.

I have tried to run the troubleshoot and still cant auto fix, all i get is the following which it cant fix:

"There might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter" "There might be a problem with the driver Local Area Connection adapter" "There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter"

But when i tried to download the drivers again still getting the same issue. When i do ipconfig /all i only get Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200] (c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Administrator>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : TMD-DEMOLT Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : MFX-DEMO.local Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : MFX-DEMO.local

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 24-FD-52-38-AF-7F DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

C:\Users\Administrator>

I have spent a lot of time researching but cant seem to get anywhere with it.

When i go into Networking and Sharing Centre under view your active networks i just get a message saying "You are currently not connected to any networks"

I tried wired connection and wireless, i have tried to connect to it in the office and at home so i know its nothing to do with the internet as i can connect fine with other laptops using cable and wireless.

I hope some one can help me out please

Thanks Geoff

geoffreymk 10:02 02 Sep 13

I have looked at Device Manager abd all looks fine no reds or yellows. I also tried to restore it to an earlier point but it was just saying unsuccesful. tried to turn off all firewalls as it was saying that was the cause and still wont roll back to time before updates.

geoffreymk 11:22 02 Sep 13

Finally managed to get system restore working, had to restore it back to a very early point and now the internet has started working again. I think it was something to do with my updates that it was no longer compatable with the drivers.

Thanks for all your help much appreaciated!!!

geoffreymk 10:38 09 Sep 13

Hi

After doing a restore to a very early point looked to have fixed the problem. But every time i restart my machine it gets the same error where i can no longer connect back to the network and work or at home. Its nothing to do with the ISP as other machines can connect to the network at work and at home.

I then turned off windows updates so it does not update anything, but after turning this off and using it for few days and when i restarted it again, it disconnected me from the internet and network again.

This is really annoying now, thinking just putting windows 7 on it. I cant really update it or restart it without having this issue.

I m not sure if the drivers are no longer compatible, i have tried to re install the drivers aswel with no luck.

So restoring it is just a workaround really not a fix!!

geoffreymk 16:54 10 Sep 13
Answer

Finally.....

It was to do with the cisco VPN we use in office to connect to one of our client sites and that was causing the problem. SO getting rid of it seems to work fine without any issues. I m just glad its all sorted now, might have to try get windows xp vm on it so i can run the cisco vpn.

Many thanks for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…