Ethernet has disappeared after reinstall of Vista?

andygwill 21:46 PM 13 Mar 11

Hi,
I have recently purchased a pc from a friend and have installed Vista 64bit from fresh with a formatted hard drive. When I try to connect to my router Vista tells me there are no networks to be found. In device manager there's no Ethernet listed at all?? The Ethernet was working fine before I reformatted my hard drive.
I have tried the Abit drivers and the nvidia 650i SLI drivers but there is still no Ethernet on my system.
I've got an Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI and Core2Duo processor with 4Gb of ram and a 500Gb Samsung Spinpoint hard drive. Plus an 8800Gts graphics card.
Not sure if it makes any difference but I've changed the power supply after the old on died recently as well?
Vista has been throwing up BSOD's also, with ramdom causes, but I put that down to not being able to Update Vista as I can't connect to the internet.
I have now reformatted again and installed a copy of XP professional with all the relevant drivers but the Ethenet is still not listed anywhere.
Any help is most appreciated.

BRYNIT 00:08 AM 14 Mar 11

You will need the Ethernet drivers. Either from the computer manufacturer web site or the Motherboard web site. Why not ask your friend where he got the drivers from.

andygwill 22:30 PM 15 Mar 11

Thanks for the reply but I have already installed the Ethernet drivers. They are installed as part of the Abit and nvidia drivers I mentioned above.

mole44 05:42 AM 16 Mar 11

try deleating them in device manager restart pc and it should find them ok.

andygwill 15:22 PM 16 Mar 11

They don't appear in Device manager. Nothing related to the Ethernet does appear in the list.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…