Errors with Windows 7 install and corrupt memory (ram)?

the_tobzster 10:10 AM 04 Jun 13

Hi guys, was wondering if you could help me out with something.

I recently bought a new custom build PC for gaming and video editing, I bought it without windows 7 as I already had a copy. I previously had a lot of trouble installing windows on it (took about 6 attempts due to errors), errors such as 'windows could not install - during expanding windows files'.

Anyway I finally installed windows and I had a huge issue with BSODs and I couldn't even open the windows update facility, even touching it would cause serious lag and even blue screen on my computer. I then contacted the original seller and they told me to check for corrupt ram through memtest86. Sure enough errors where found and I have sent back the ram for replacement.

What I was wondering is, should I do a clean reinstall of windows 7 when I receive the new ram back. As I am sure the windows 7 install is corrupted in some way (possibly due to the faulty ram?). I am scared I will still receive a lot of issues when I get my new ram back!

Thanks for any help, really appreciate it!

Chronos the 2nd 12:48 PM 04 Jun 13

Yes you will need to do a clean reinstall when you get the new ram.

If ever you are having problems installing your operating system then you can be quite certain it is a hardware issue and you are wasting your time continuing.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…