errors after installing the K-lite Codec pack

peyman100 09:53 13 Nov 14

hello I have encountered serious problems after installing K-lite Codec pack Version 10.8.0 Basic on my HP laptop - windows 7 home premium - 64 bit before installing it i was able to watch video files by kmplayer and WMP but now they dont respond to playing any format of videos, or they hang. some other parts are also faced some problems, such as; windows gadgets stops working when i click on it, troubleshooting stops working and ...

i have also tried to restore the system to an earlier time before the installation of codec but it didnt solve the problem.

please help me how i can solve this problem

rdave13 16:47 13 Nov 14

Try running the system file checker. Open CMD as administrator and type or copy and paste sfc/scannow and press enter. It will take a bit of time to complete and you may need to run it more than once.

mart7 19:41 14 Nov 14

Uninstall the codec pack and use VLC player instead, it uses its own video and audio codecs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…