An error is preventing this slide show from playing

FatboySlim71 23:03 PM 20 Aug 11

When I try to view a collection of pictures on my computer as a slide show, I get a window appearing showing the following error.

'An error is preventing this slide show from playing'

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a way of fixing this has its becoming rather annoying.

Thanks in advance.

FatboySlim71 23:56 PM 20 Aug 11

Thanks for the help, but it mentions about screen saver on the post you mentioned. I don't use a screen saver.

The problem I have is. If I have a folder with some pictures in (from my digital camera) for example. When I go to view/play the pictures as a slideshow, I get the error that I mentioned earlier.

I will however try what is mentioned in post 11 tomorrow, as I'm typing this on my iPad.

Thanks again, really appreciate the help.

FatboySlim71 08:16 AM 21 Aug 11

Thank you very very much Lazarus The 2nd.

The link in your last post fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help, its very much appreciated.

For others who might come on here looking for a solution, I'll place the instructions on how to solve the problem, in case the MS Fix it link goes down after a time:

1: Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

2: Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery\Slideshow

3: On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4: Type WinSATSCore, and then press ENTER.

5: Right-click WinSATSCore, click Modify, type 0 in the Value data box, and then click OK.

6: Exit Registry Editor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…