An error is preventing this slide show from playing

FatboySlim71 20 Aug 11
Answered

When I try to view a collection of pictures on my computer as a slide show, I get a window appearing showing the following error.

'An error is preventing this slide show from playing'

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a way of fixing this has its becoming rather annoying.

Thanks in advance.

FatboySlim71 20 Aug 11

Thanks for the help, but it mentions about screen saver on the post you mentioned. I don't use a screen saver.

The problem I have is. If I have a folder with some pictures in (from my digital camera) for example. When I go to view/play the pictures as a slideshow, I get the error that I mentioned earlier.

I will however try what is mentioned in post 11 tomorrow, as I'm typing this on my iPad.

Thanks again, really appreciate the help.

FatboySlim71 21 Aug 11

Thank you very very much Lazarus The 2nd.

The link in your last post fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help, its very much appreciated.

For others who might come on here looking for a solution, I'll place the instructions on how to solve the problem, in case the MS Fix it link goes down after a time:

1: Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

2: Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery\Slideshow

3: On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4: Type WinSATSCore, and then press ENTER.

5: Right-click WinSATSCore, click Modify, type 0 in the Value data box, and then click OK.

6: Exit Registry Editor.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message