error code 8000ffff and code 9C57 problem

Boy Zone 17 Mar 13

Hi, Trying to install updates to my pc, running win 7 64bit. Everytime it fails and I get the error codes as above.I've searched the web but cant find a fix to install the 32 updates.

chub_tor 17 Mar 13

Have you run the Microsoft Fixit Tool it seems to have worked for some people.

chub_tor 17 Mar 13

Should have added that there are some more possible solutions here

Boy Zone 17 Mar 13

Tried the majority of these none work, some even suggest the following I would suggest you to delete PendingXmlIdentifier.

a. Open the Registry Editor by clicking the Start button , typing regedit into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.‌ If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b. In the left pane, find and double-click HKEYLOCALMACHINE, and then click COMPONENTS.

c. Right-click COMPONENTS, and then click Export. By default, this file is saved to your desktop, but you can choose any folder.

d. In the File Name text box, type COMPONENTS. You have now created a back up copy of the registry values you're going to be removing.

e. In the right pane, search for PendingXmlIdentifier, right-click it, and then click Delete. PendingXmlIdentifier might not be listed.

f. In the right pane, search for NextQueueEntryIndex, right-click it, and then click Delete. NextQueueEntryIndex might not be listed.

g. In the right pane, search for AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving, right-click it, and then click Delete. AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving might not be listed. h. Restart your computer and then run Windows Update again.

BUT I CANT FIND COMPONENTS IN THIS REG KEY.

chub_tor 18 Mar 13

From the little research that I have done these errors all seem to come down to the IE10 upgrade. Have you tried installing it manually?

Boy Zone 18 Mar 13

I've tried every avenue to resolve this issue, but so far non seem to work. It seems this is a very common problem. I've not tried to install IE 10.All I get is this error message 8000ffff informing me can't install.

chub_tor 18 Mar 13

Then take a look at this link and scroll down to nskillen he offers a regedit solution that has worked for this error code. Do back up your registry first though.

Boy Zone 18 Mar 13

seen this before but it's not for win 7 64 bit, which I have.

surely there must be a solution to this problem without having to reload windows disk?

chub_tor 18 Mar 13

You could always do a System Restore to a date before you made the updates then download and run them one by one until (and if) you get the error again. I am assuming that you have system restore turned on.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message