Error 1625 pop up problem

nucom 14:20 08 Nov 14

Hi, Can anyone please help?

I was trying to install an LG Scanner Mouse software. The above mentioned pop up also stated "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation".

An LG Help person, I contacted by phone, said it was a Windows problem, not the mouse, and that I would have to speak to somone who would know what Error 1625 meant and would be able to change some settings in Windows.

In case it helps, my HP computer is running Vista Home Premium.

Thank you for any advice or help you an offer.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:05 08 Nov 14

As you have said

Error 1625 - Installation forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.

you need to install the mouse while you have full admin rights

Right click the device driver and click run as admiistrator and it should install OK.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 08 Nov 14

If the above doesn't work then we can disable the group policy forbidding install

1. Hold down the Windows key and press R to bring up the Run window.
  2. On the Run window, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
  3. On the Local Group Policy window, navigate to Local Computer Policy, then Computer Configuration, then Administrative Templates, then Windows Components, and then Windows Installer.
  4. Double-click Prohibit non-administrators from applying vendor-signed updates. Click Disabled, and then click OK.

You will probably have to reboot for he effect to take place abd then install the mouse.

nucom 17:40 08 Nov 14

Thank you Fruit Bat

Re your first response:

I assume I am the system administrator as it is my computer, and I added a new administrator password before rebooting the computer, but still got the same pop up message.

Also I am not sure what you mean by "Right click the device driver and click run as admiistrator". Do you mean right click the mouse and at what point do I do this, and will I be given the option of "run as admiistrator"?

Re your second response:

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:06 08 Nov 14

explore the disk that has the scanner mouse software on highlight the setup file and right click the mouse - select run as administrator from the menu that appears.

nucom 23:31 08 Nov 14

Thank you again Fruit Bat, I didn't realise my last message had been sent.

As you can probably see it was incomplete. As I was preparing it, for some unknown reason everything froze, and despite trying for ages I couldn't do anything about it, so I just closed the Forum down.

What I was going to add, in my response to your second message, was that on attempting to follow the 2nd suggestion - to "type gpedit.msc", when I did it a message popped up stating that gpedit.msc was not recognised.

However by the time I was able to get back to the messages I found you had sent your third message, which I followed, and fantastically IT WORKED!

My mouse scanner now scans, so many many thanks, I am very grateful to you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:15 09 Nov 14

Your welcome

Thanks for the feed back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…