Epspn C42+ and Vista

nickhick 11:33 24 Sep 07

Cannot get my inkjet printer to work with Vista. I tried loading the drivers, including the Status monitor and the result was nothing - strangely UNLIKE other USB devices, the computer does not respond when I plug in the printer.
All other USB devices have usually elicited a response from the computer but not with my USB printer.
Naturally, I have uninstalled the drivers each time and then tried again. I have even tried 'Add new printer' but this eventually results in a 'try locating new device/port' or something to this effect, but nothing happens!

IntoPCs 14:36 24 Sep 07

Have you tried the drivers on the Epson website?:
click here

IntoPCs 14:38 24 Sep 07

I seem to remember when I had an Epson USB printer I had to load all the drivers before plugging in the printer or things didn't work (and that was on XP)

IntoPCs 14:42 24 Sep 07

I should have looked closer at the webpage - there are no Vista drivers! The newest driver on the site for your printer is 2004 - looks like Epson can't be bothered updating for Vista. Could be time for a new printer!

malcolme 14:57 24 Sep 07

This is what i did for my C48 and it worked.
Put driver disc in pc - do not run - plug in printer and let pc install the drivers itself.

nickhick 14:57 24 Sep 07

Precisely! I am therefore thinking of a new printer providing they are out there.

nickhick 15:13 24 Sep 07

Malcome. What do you mean by 'do not run'? Do you mean put in CD-ROM and then install the appropriate driver and then connect printer and switch on?

malcolme 15:23 24 Sep 07

Put in the cd - if it asks you to install software click cancel.
Connect printer and switch on.
It should then automatically look for drivers.

miamia 15:36 06 Feb 08

I have just purchased a new laptop with Vista OS, and had the same trouble with my printer. I downloaded however the printer driver for XP (as there are no Vista drivers)off the epson website and it works fine.

So definitely try this as it worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017