Epson Stylus DX4000

Blacki 14:08 24 Aug 07

Hi

I was recently given the above all in one printer, but it won't work. I have searched for drivers for vista, but so far no luck. Has anyone any ideas or may be a work around.

Thanks

Totally-braindead 15:10 24 Aug 07

click here the drivers.

Totally-braindead 18:47 29 Aug 07

You've never replied to this thread and as a matter of fact a friend of mine has just bought the same all in one. He couldn't get it to install, I downloaded the Vista drivers from Epson to disk and they installed fine. There is also details of workarounds for using the XP drivers on the Epson site but Epson say they don't recommend it and I see no point in doing this as the Vista drivers are there and work fine.

Blacki 21:03 29 Aug 07

Apologies Totally-braindead,

I had a few other issues that needed to be sorted as well. Oringinally i had installed the drivers on the disk that came with the printer. They didn't work so i followed your advise and downloaded the drivers from the website. They didn't work at the time, but i then had to do a complete reinstall of Vista due to a completely unrelated matter. Once the clean install of vista was done, i downloaded the new driver from the website and it worked 1st time. I would prob reccomend people to check the website for most upto date drivers and use them instead of the disk supplied. Again sorry for delay
Regards
Blacki

Totally-braindead 13:44 30 Aug 07

Thats all right I wouldn't have bothered replying again but as I said a friend of mine bought the same printer on Tuesday and I had to install it for him.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…