Epson slow to upgrade Vista drivers

bapiow 14:35 05 Feb 07

I have a Epson Scanner Perfection 1260.
Has anyone got it to work with Vista yet?

Driver on disc is only for winxp, I been in touch with Epson and they told it will be in the first quarter of this year. Seems to me that they are hoping that I will get fed up with waiting and buy another scanner, if I do it will not be a Epson.

Kate B 14:37 05 Feb 07

First quarter means January, February, March - so a maximum of six weeks or so to wait. Very annoying, but at least Epson has given you an ETA on the driver.

Totally-braindead 22:58 05 Feb 07

Judging by how quick they were when XP came out I wouldn't hold your breath.
I posted on another thread about having to bin a scanner when I moved to XP as there was no driver(it wasn't an Epson by the way) they said that my scanner was too old, I'd had it 3 years, and they were not creating XP drivers for scanners that were that old.
I bought a new one and not the make that refused to create the drivers either.
At least Epson have told you they are in the process of creating a Vista driver, thats something.

snapscan 07:27 06 Feb 07

I have managed to get my epson perfection 2450 working by using a driver for an epson GT-2500. This and other epson scanner drivers are available on the US epson site.

bapiow 13:57 10 Feb 07

I have now got my Epson scanner Perfection 1260 to work with Vista at last.
Downloaded Twain driver from Epson unzip to file,right click on setup properties run this program in compatibility mode for windows xp with service pack 2.
Worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…