Epson 3170 Scanner on Vista

bigfritz 00:43 07 May 09

I've recently acquired a new PC running Vista Home Premium - my previous machine running XP. I had no difficulty in finding and downloading a Vista driver for my existing Epson Perfection 3170 Photo scanner (previously running on XP) but I find that I now have greatly reduced functionality with this - it provides the basic scanning function OK but other features of the XP software ("smart panel", "copy centre" etc.) are missing. Epson's website is no help. Can anyone advise?

mole44 06:54 07 May 09

I had the same with an Epson 1670 perfection,i`m having to put up with no smart panel as i to have found no alternative for it.When funds permit i`ll get a new scanner,mine now works fine on Vista but with limitations,i need a sanner to do slides/negatives so will have to save my pennies to get a new scanner.

Woolwell 18:39 07 May 09

I have a Perfection 1660 workign with a Vista Smart Panel but I had to buy an upgraded version from NewSoft click here
However I thik that I may have version 4. Checking on this.

Woolwell 18:42 07 May 09

It is version 3.5 as in my link. You can check on the NewSoft website which version is correct for your scanner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac