Envelope printing

tamsin 16:50 11 Jan 11

I have HP Photosmart Premium c309g-m - WIN 7 64 bit and Open Office.

Trying to print envelopes - envelope is fed into printer but instead of printing it advises that it is out of paper. This happens when there is only 1 envelope to feed through or also when there is a dozen envelopes to feed through. I have set the DL envelope size in Open Office and also on the printer.

Please can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem before I throw the printer out of the window??

Have had Photosmart printer previously and it worked like a dream.

ams4127 21:43 12 Jan 11

I had the same problem with a Canon 560 also using DL size envelopes. If I remember correctly the way I fixed it was that, by accident, I changed the envelope size to Monarch (I think) and everything worked.

I love these technical solutions!!

tamsin 22:13 12 Jan 11

Thanks arms4127. I will try Monarch and see what happens.

tamsin 22:41 19 Jan 11

As nothing I have tried - including reinstalling the printer and office software - HP have decided I have a hardware fault and are sending me a new printer.
Hopefully that will resolve the problem!?!

ajm 23:18 19 Jan 11

Have a try with Envelope Printer click here

primeeminister 23:09 03 Apr 11

if it is not to late, you can buy envelopes with a window for the address to show through.just practise to position where the address should go and fold the letter to fit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video