Enabling/disabling WiFi

Daisy22 14:16 09 Feb 11

I have been using an Acer Aspire 7551G windows 7, and when purchased the Wifi was already enabled and has always picked up available networks.

However I think I may have accidently disabled it, pressing the F3 key does not do anything so it is not lighted up or showing any available networks.

Any suggestions please.

a member 15:10 09 Feb 11

Start/control panel,choose network and sharing centre,about a third of the way down on the right of the page you should see a network listed next to "connections" double click it and you should see a disable or enable switch (button) bottom centre.
alternatively ,you could, right click on "computer" and choose properties.
then choose device manager,scroll down to network adapters and see if its working (no yellow triangle . open and double click your adapter/choose driver ,and choose uninstall driver , restart your PC and windows will detect your hardware and reinstall the driver ,it should also reset the default settings for this driver.

a member 15:12 09 Feb 11

I should have mentioned ,if you dont see your network in "network sharing centre" you should see a red cross , click it to diagnose and reset/repair your connection.

john bunyan 17:43 09 Feb 11

On some laptops you have to press the Fn Key (bottom left somewhere)at the same time as one of the F keys (F3 for you?)at the top to enable WiFi. Could you have inavertently turned it off? Have you checked the manual re key combinations?

Daisy22 17:49 09 Feb 11

I havent got a manual but I will try both suggestions many thanks

john bunyan 20:45 09 Feb 11

You could probably download a .pdf manual online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac