email probs transferring attachments

gibonski 16:45 04 Nov 07

Have just purchased laptop for my wife and it is run by VISTA PREMIUM.She cannot send an email with attachment to my desktop with Windows XP as attachment is encrypted when opened.She is using MSN as email provider,I am using NTL,could this be a problem.New to this techno stuff so need you guys/gals to help 2 not so young bods.

StephShadow 16:07 05 Nov 07

If the email attachment looks "encrypted", she's probably using software to make the attachment that you don't have on your desktop.

What is she sending you as an attachment?

gibonski 18:16 06 Nov 07

StephShadow,wife trying to send document to my desktop for printing.Think it may be easier to buy her a cheap printer??

Forum Editor 00:15 07 Nov 07

You say it's a document, but what is your wife using to create it? If you don't have the same software installed on your computer it may explain why the file looks encrypted.

gibonski 18:34 09 Nov 07

Not very techie so when you ask what is my wife using to creat the document does that mean cos she is runnig Vista home premium and I am running Windows xp these are incompatable programmes.??Both systems using WORD if that helps.???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…