Email ''new''

catpwss 13:34 PM 06 Apr 12
Answered

Hi,Happy Easter to all.I'm looking for some suggestions for an alternative email rather than using windows live mail. I'm using windows seven. Thanks in advance.

catpwss 19:51 PM 06 Apr 12

Maybe I should have made my question a little more clearly. I'm looking for an alternative to windows live mail,What are the recommended ones. Been googleing and came across a few 'Thunderbird /Postbox / Zimbra /Inbox2'.

Any thoughts on any mentioned above Please.

Thanks.C

mgmcc 20:57 PM 06 Apr 12

Thunderbird is from the same stable as Firefox (Mozilla) and worth a look.

catpwss 21:21 PM 06 Apr 12

Thanks,Do you use Thunderbird or what do you use?.I'm looking for ideas. Thanks.C.

mgmcc 21:42 PM 06 Apr 12

I use Windows Live Mail, but I have used Thunderbird in the past and have just installed it again in a Mac to see if I prefer it to Apple's own mail.

My only criticism of Thunderbird has been that you cannot specify the font size. You can make it smaller or larger, but cannot specify, for example, 12 point.

catpwss 22:03 PM 06 Apr 12

Thanks,will look at Thunderbird,Any tips I should know about it.I notice the latest one is Thunderbird 11.01. Many thanks.c.

Forum Editor 22:05 PM 06 Apr 12

Postbox is excellent - I use it regularly, it's better than Thunderbird in my opinion.

difarn 09:18 AM 07 Apr 12
Answer

I use Thunderbird and really like it - it collects mail from other accounts very efficiently.

Mgmcc

Re changing of font size in Thunderbird you may be interested in this add-on.

catpwss 09:31 AM 07 Apr 12

Thanks all very much will be looking at thunderbird.

happy easter to all Diolch yn fawr.C.

difarn 10:56 AM 07 Apr 12

Here is a link for Thunderbird if you need it - a new feature is the set-up wizard that should make it a lot easier.

catpwss 19:13 PM 07 Apr 12

Hi good evening all.I installed thunderbird okay the setup went well with my hotmail etc,Just one point in the account options there is a part regarding checking for emails every and you can select 10min or what ever,Anyway I selected to check for new emails every 5min but what ever setting I select it always takes a long time for an email to come into my inbox. Have I done some mistake in that settings area or is that's the way thunderbird works.Any help here please. Thanks C.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED